Friday

Variations on Various Themes

As another weekend drifts like a glacier toward this shipwreck of a week, I am in good spirits. I am having a great time with this blog, and I always have lots to say.... So, I will end the week with a shotgun approach, dragging out glimpses of various soapboxes I keep stashed under my desk, or in my back pocket....

I think an obsession is a thousand miles of give and take and still no dream come true....

Putting "God" on a coin or a building or a t-shirt or in a song makes the object or the wearer or the singer no more God-like than wearing fishnet makes them a whore....

When I awake, I put on restlessness like a cologne ... lightly, not too overpowering ...but at various times throughout the day, depending on the temperature or the wind or my position, i smell it and am reminded....

I want to frigerate something so that I can refrigerate it....

"I could care less" means I care at least a little... if I couldn't care less, than I probably don't care at all....

Speed limits were created because the governing authority realized that it would be unconstitutional to tell some people that they just couldn't drive....

Speed in and of itself is not tantamount to recklessness....

I am convinced that grammar receives little attention in the schools anymore....

I am convinced that the primary reason so many misuse the phrase "you and I" is because so many parents said, over and over, "you and I" ... even when "you and me" was ok - rules of thumb: take away "you" and say the sentence; if "me" is right, then "you and me" is correct; generally "me" is an object and "I" is a subject....

The general rule is that punctuation marks go inside the quotation marks....

I love grammar ... and grandpa, too :)

What is the difference between regardless and irregardless? What the hell ....

Our hearts will mislead us if we are not sure where are heads are....

If we know where our heads are, then our hearts will be where they should....

I often am a spectator to the battle between my heart and head....

The purpose here is to stay in the battle....

You have the constitutional right to listen to your music as loudly as you please... until it interferes with my consitutional right to listen to my music or my whatever or my silence... then, we must respectfully agree to peacefully (and quietly) coexist....

Weekends are too short already, so it is time to start this one ~ have a great one, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment